From October 25-28, 2012, OutServe and SLDN will come together to host the Second Annual International Leadership Conference in Orlando, Florida. Registration numbers have already surpassed those of last year's conference, and we are looking forward to a great event.
Today, we are excited to unveil the topics for our conference panel sessions. Many of these topics were submitted by OutServe members or by organizations who are supporting the conference. Those are noted. We will be providing additional detail in the coming weeks about participants, but today, I wanted to share the topics with you. They are listed below.
- "One Year Out: Has DADT Repeal Impacted Readiness" by The Palm Center
- "Health and Mental Health Needs of LGBT Military Families" by Military Partners & Families Coalition
- "LGBT Military Families" by American Military Partners Association
- "Out Front (Of Change)" by Military Families Research Institute
- "2012 Electoral Landscape" by Human Rights Campaign
- "Diversity in the Military Chaplaincy and What It Means for LGB Troops" by Forum on the Military Chaplaincy
- "Collateral Damage: How DADT Caused LGBT Military to Circumvent Healthcare” by Memphis PFLAG Chapter
- "LGBT Workplace Inclusion: Trend Lines in Corporate America and Their Impact on You" by Human Rights Campaign
- "So you want to get married at a military chapel?" by Forum on the Military Chaplaincy
- "Deployed and Gay" by OutServe BAF
- "From Six to Nine: US Marriage Equality" by Human Rights Campaign
- "Lessons from our International Allies"
- "Suicide Prevention"
- "Transgender Service: What's Next and How Do We Win?"
- "A Discussion with OutServe & SLDN Leadership"
As you can see, it promises to be a robust and engaging conference. If you haven't already registered, I urge you to do that as soon as possible. See you in Orlando!
09-05-12 By Josh Seefried, OutServe Co-Director |