The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) season is upon us. This means military personnel, as well as federal and state employees, have the opportunity to help organizations like SLDN through this once-a-year initiative. You can find us under the Military, Veteran & Patriotic Service Organization section, #12111.
If you are currently using the CFC to make your charitable donations, we urge you to list Servicemembers Legal Defense Network and help fund our ongoing work to ensure full LGBT equality in our military. With “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” (DADT) now in the history books, we need your help more than ever as we continue our work on behalf of the nation’s LGBT service members. That includes:
- Advocating for legally married service members to receive the same family support and benefits as their straight married counterpart
- Litigating in the courts, as necessary and timely, to advance equality
- Assisting veterans to correct or upgrade their discharge paperwork
- Representing and defending those who may face harassment or discrimination as we oversee implementation of DADT repeal
- Fighting for full LGBT equality in America’s military
But remember, the CFC is just one way to support the work of equality. You can also make a direct gift to help us today by clicking here.
Regardless of how you choose to support SLDN as we head into the final months of 2012, we thank you for your continued support.
10-03-12 By David Hall, SLDN Development Director |