Last year, OutServe made history when it gathered in Las Vegas for the first-ever OutServe International Leadership Conference following repeal of the discriminatory "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law. Now that our two organizations - OutServe and SLDN are combining - we are making history again.
From October 25-28, 2012, we will be hosting the OutServe-SLDN International Leadership Conference in Orlando, Florida. It will be held at the Army's resort, Shades of Green, located inside Walt Disney World Resorts, and it promises to be bigger and better than last year.
The Conference will boast intriguing and groundbreaking panels and workshops that are dedicated to building a stronger and more inclusive military community. It will provide an opportunity for interacting with one another on a variety of timely and important issues, including:
- breaking down barriers to full recognition, support and benefits for LGBT military families and educating policymakers about what's at stake;
- fostering and maintaining an environment of respect in the military with regards to sexual orientation and gender identity;
- building a professional network within the LGBT military community;
- sharing best practices and formulating strategies that help build a stronger military community;
- hearing from our international allies about their experiences in the military;
- and much, much more.
You don't want to miss this. It is open to service members, veterans, partners, spouses, and anyone who has an interest in making the military stronger. Click here to register today and be among the hundreds of participants in this historic conference.
We anticipate the event reaching capacity, so make your plans today.
07-16-12 By Aubrey Sarvis, Army Veteran & SLDN Executive Director and Josh Seefried, OutServe Co-Director |