Governance Policy: Core Values
- Respect your colleagues.
- Trust your colleagues.
- Be honest.
- Be evenhanded.
- Be patient.
- Take responsibility.
- Give the benefit of the doubt.
- Refrain from displays of anger.
- Listen actively to concerns raised and try to understand another’s point of view.
- Give constructive feedback; let others know how their work impacts the mission.
- Give positive feedback whenever providing negative feedback.
- Discuss problems with the person with whom you have a disagreement.
- Be pro-active on informing and educating colleagues regarding current developments.
ADOPTED: June 1, 2003
AMMENDED: March 8-9, 2008